BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

ICT In Biology - My Major Course

This semester, I had registered Information and Communication Technology in Biology course which is conducted by Associate Professor Dr Sopia Md Yassin. She has an assistant in conducting our course which is out tutor, Cik Siti Samsiah binti Sani. Other than that, we was taught by Mr Zunaidi to create this E - Protfolio and cam studio.

Toward the end of this course, i was more or less being impressed by all three of them about the world of Information and Communication Technology. As an individual that grown up without knowing what a computer is until the age of 15, i was quite a technophobic. Sometimes, I really feel using a computer is very stupid since sometimes it is not that effective with its sickness of 'hang up', 'virus infection' and 'malfunctioning battery'.

I still remember in my first semester, after I had bought a laptop and start to learn to use it. Well, it is interesting as I used it for games and word processing assignment. However, I face another problem to get connected to the wireless. For me, using the laptop is just making trouble around myself. It might help a little but not much.

Nightmare sprung out when I know that this semester I need to take the course of Information and Communication Technology in Biology. The proverbs of ' Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover'. Things just go differently throughout the course. I had learnt about the IWB (interactive whiteboard) which I found that it is very interesting. Not just that, I had to do the E - portfolio and learn to use the cam studio. All of it was so difficult for me at first.

As time passed by, I found that all the components introduce in this course was very simple to use. It is just a matter of understanding it and the process of working it out. So, after all technology was not as scary as I used to think so. As a result, I plan to make my student to open up themselves to accept the technology that introduced.

0 comments: